For many years, the “D Files” was a semi-regular column in the DAS newsletter, The Denver Observer. Members of our society submitted articles about their scopes and/or equipment. The equipment that they wrote about did not have to be completely home-built. The articles could be reviews, experiences, or modifications of equipment that was store-bought.
Many of these original articles are made available below.
- Messier Marathon Logsheets (7 pages) (PDF)
- Messier Marathon Checklist (2 pages) (PDF)
- Portable wind screen for astronomical observers (Manual, PDF)
- My Portable DSLR Astro Imaging Set-Up (Power Point Presentation, November 2012)
- Jack Eastman’s Telescopes; Part 1
- Jack Eastman’s Telescopes – Refractors; Part 2
- Saturn in Binoculars, 1998, by Jack Eastman
- Further Binocular Observations, 1998, by Jack Eastman
- First Encounter with a Big Telescope
- Cleaning the 20-inch Clark Saëgmuller Lens NEW!
- Bag All the Messier Objects in One Night (March 2001) (PDF)
- Archeoastronomy of the Chacoan Pueblo (PDF)
- Gravity’s Influence on the Development of the Solar System (PDF)
- Observing Galaxies (PDF)
- Why Do the Stars in Orion Look So Different From Each Other? (PDF)
- The Satellites of Jupiter (PDF)
- Seyfert I and II Galaxies and the Unified Model of AGN (PDF)
- Standard Candles (PDF)
- The Star of Bethlehem (PDF)
- Variable Stars (PDF)
- The Search for Dark Matter Using Gravitational Lensing (PDF)
Dave Trott’s Web Site
www.davetrott.com amateur telescope maker and machinist.
The following articles are no longer available online.
If you have a copy, please send it to the Webmaster.
Terry Chatterton’s SCT modifications
Bert Harless’ reflector modifications
Bert Harless’ reflector modifications, part 2
Dale Keller’s Amateur Telescope Making Site
BinoQuest, an Epic Optics Adventure, by Pat Ryan (PDF)